[SWE] Navy Nuclear Propulsion Officer Candidate (NUPOC) Program

OConnor, James D II LT NRD NY, XBDG james.d.oconnor at navy.mil
Tue Apr 7 15:18:11 EDT 2015

Hello Stevens Women Engineers!

My name is LT James O'Connor, I am a Naval Officer Recruiter for the New York/New Jersey area.  I am reaching out to you regarding an outstanding opportunity to utilize your strengths as engineers in real world applications, while being paid to finish your degree.  Based on your current engineering track at Stevens, you would be an ideal candidate for the Navy's NUPOC program.  Nuclear Officers are some of the highest trained, most vital members of the U.S. Navy, serving aboard aircraft carriers, subs, in instructor positions and as reactor engineers.  As a current student, benefits would include being paid full time (over $5000 a month), including a $20,000 accession bonus while finishing your degree.   Not only this, but you will be guaranteed employment upon graduation to serve as an officer in the most technologically advanced department of the Navy.    If you are a freshman or sophomore, please ensure you have taken (or will take) Calculus 1+2 and Physics 1+2.  We encourage second semester freshman to apply, but the earliest an applicant can be accepted to the program is semester 2 of their sophomore year (or 30 months from graduation).

To give you a brief overview of the application process, it would include a VIP trip to San Diego, California for a tour of either a submarine or an aircraft carrier.  For those interested in the Instructor position or Reactor engineer, the VIP trip would be for Washington D.C.  From there you would complete a technical questionnaire interview with a Nuclear Trained Officer.  Upon successful completion of this phase, you would be invited to Washington D.C. to be interviewed by an Admiral who would determine your eligibility at that point.

Please view the video and links below.  Let me know if you are interested and would like to see what the next steps are regarding this outstanding opportunity.

https://www.navy.com/joining/college-options/nupoc.html

https://www.navy.com/careers/nuclear-power/reactors-engineer.html#ft-key-responsibilities

http://www.navy.com/careers/nuclear-power/nuclear-power-school.html#ft-key-responsibilities

V/R,

LT James (J.D.) O'Connor

Naval Officer Recruiter

Navy Recruiting District New York

Division 5 Woodbridge, NJ, 07095

10 Woodbridge Center Drive

6th Floor, Suite 630

732-558-9321 (cell)

james.d.oconnor at navy.mil<mailto:james.d.oconnor at navy.mil>
www.cnrc.navy.mil/newyork/<http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/newyork/>

FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY-PRIVACY SENSITIVE.  Information contained within this document or its attachments may contain personal information, disclosure if which is generally prohibited by the Privacy Act (5 U.S.C. 552a).  Protected information included in this document or its attachments are in accordance with section (b)1 of the Act which permits disclosure to individuals with the Department of Defense (DoD) with an official need to know.  Release of such protected information outside of DoD is prohibited.  Any misuse or unauthorized disclosure may result in both civil and criminal penalties.