[SWE] Newsletter 11.11.15

Elizabeth Gonzales egonzal2 at stevens.edu
Wed Nov 11 23:36:19 EST 2015

 Upcoming SWE Events:
*What Not to Wear GBM #5*
Tuesday November 12th
9:15 PM BC104
You've landed the interview, now we will talk about what to wear to work!
Come join SWE for our fifth GBM as we talk about appropriate business
casual attire.  *Engineering Sampling Day*
Tuesday November 21st
Hayden Lounge
Save the date for our upcoming K-12 outreach event!
Join us for a fun event inspiring girl scouts to pursue a STEM career.
Contact eraque at stevens.edu or cmoon at stevens.edu if you would like to
help!  *Engineering
Sampling Day*
Wednesday December 9th
 [SWENJ] Holiday Party
More details coming soon!  *Hot Chocolate Night (GBM #6)*
Thursday December 10th
Jacobus 9:00 pm
Join us for one of our favorite annual events - hot chocolate night!
All are welcome, bring your friends!
  Other Opportunities:  *City Internships*
 2016 Spring and Summer Global Internship
London, Los Angeles, New York City
City Internships runs immersive career training programs for college
students and recent graduates. They’re designed to expand participants’
horizons and get them job-ready.
Learn more here <http://city-internships.com/>!
Apply here!
<http://city-internships.com/apply/?utm_source=us%20societies%2010%2027%2015&utm_medium=email&utm_content=1&utm_campaign=appl>

Committee Updates:
Prof. Development
K-12 Outreach

Make Welzoo.com one of your browser start tabs, and each day that you use
the Internet, Welzoo will make a free donation to Steven's SWE Click Here!
<http://www.welzoo.com/join/society-of-women-engineers/Ukavg6I> (Get a free
Welzoo sticker for joining!)

If you know of any organizations we could get involved with, or have ideas
for events, email us at eraque at stevens.edu and cmoon at stevens.edu
Social
Fundraising *Shirt Sale:*
$15 due to Liz Gonzales (egonzal2 at stevens.edu)
"Steminist" Shirt for those who have placed their order.

Past Events:
Thank you to everyone who came out to our past events! We hope to see you
again.
<https://www.facebook.com/SWEatStevens?fref=ts> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/SWEatStevens?fref=ts>
<http://instagram.com/stevens_swe> Instagram
<http://instagram.com/stevens_swe> <https://orgsync.com/48023/chapter> DuckSync
Page <https://orgsync.com/48023/chapter> *Important Dates:*

*November*

*12th *- GBM #5

*21st *- Engineering Sampling Day with Girl Scouts

*December*

*9th *- SWENJ Holiday Party

*10th *- Hot Chocolate Night
  *Contact Us:*

Questions? Ideas? Requests?

We want to hear your opinion!

*President:*
Elizabeth Gonzales
egonzal2 at stevens.edu

*Vice President:*
Elaina Ferrer
eferrer at stevens.edu

*Co-Secretary:*
Julianne Depardieu
jdepardi at stevens.edu
  SWE Calander
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/render?tab=oc&pli=1#main_7%7Cmonth>
Want to be taken off the SWE mailing list?
Click the button below and fill out the google doc!
Unsubscribe
<https://docs.google.com/a/stevens.edu/forms/d/1vd0-nANpQJdU6MYIWHdqsP9Vcc09jDfwufOZBWny8iQ/viewform?c=0&w=1>
Become
a National Member <http://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/membership>