[SWE] Newsletter 9.23.15

Elizabeth Gonzales egonzal2 at stevens.edu
Wed Sep 23 19:00:33 EDT 2015

Upcoming SWE Events:
*PSEG LinkedIn Lab*
Skyline (4th floor Howe)
September 24th 5pm-7pm *GBM #2 (Head-shots and Business Cards)*
October 1st 8pm-10pm
EAS 222
Come join us for our second GBM where we will be taking professional
head-shots! Head-shots start at 8pm in EAS 230. The first 50 girls will get
free business cards.  *Scientista Intercollegiate Symposium * October 16-18,
2015 in New York City
The conference is a great career-building opportunity where students share
original research they have developed. There will be speakers, panelists,
workshops, and a recruiting fair that allows attendees to network.
*Register * <http://www.scientistafoundation.com/symposium-2014.html> *NSA
CyberSprint  *
Registration <https://www.ece.vt.edu/news/extended.php?id=1683>: Starts
September 29th
October 28-November 2, 2015
Complete a skills assessment to see if you have what it takes to compete in
a virtual challenge against 300 other competitors where you will solve a
simulated security threat.  Other Opportunities:  *SASE Networking Night*
Jacobus
September 24th 8pm-10pm
Register  <https://www.ece.vt.edu/news/extended.php?id=1683> *Career Fair
Volunteer*
Schaefer Gym
September 30th 1pm-4pm
<http://surveys.myinterfase.com/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=98LH45552> *Goldman
Sachs Recruiting  *
*Details:*
*Engineering Meetup: *Wednesday, September 30th 5:00-7:00pm, Bissinger Room
*Resume Review:* Monday, October 12th  5:00-7:00pm, Bissinger Room
*On Campus Interviews:* Wednesday, November 4th
  *Morgan Stanley HackRU*
October 3rd and 4th
Rutgers
More Information & Registration  <http://hackru.org/>
Committee Updates:
*Sign up for committees at the next GBM! *
Prof. Development
K-12 Outreach Photoshoot GBM

Make Welzoo.com one of your browser start tabs, and each day that you use
the Internet, Welzoo will make a free donation to Steven's SWE Click Here!
<http://www.welzoo.com/join/society-of-women-engineers/Ukavg6I>
Social
Fundraising
Past Events:
Thank you to everyone who came out to our past events! We hope to see you
again.
<https://www.facebook.com/SWEatStevens?fref=ts> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/SWEatStevens?fref=ts>
<http://instagram.com/stevens_swe> Instagram
<http://instagram.com/stevens_swe> <https://orgsync.com/48023/chapter> DuckSync
Page <https://orgsync.com/48023/chapter> *Important Dates:*

*September*

*24th* - PSEG LinkedIn Lab, SASE Networking

*30th *- Career Fair

*October*

*1st *- 2nd GBM (Head-shots/business cards)

*16th* - Scientista Symposium

*28th *- NSA CyberSprint *Contact Us:*

Questions? Ideas? Requests?

We want to hear your opinion!

*President:*
Elizabeth Gonzales
egonzal2 at stevens.edu

*Vice President:*
Elaina Ferrer
eferrer at stevens.edu

*Co-Secretary:*
Julianne Depardieu
jdepardi at stevens.edu
  SWE Calander
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1owIh3dBzXTDO2XpztHvhCJxzm_gF1A4ySw_GXXxlNuU/edit>
Want to be take off the SWE mailing list?
Click the button below and fill out the google doc!
Unsubscribe
<https://docs.google.com/a/stevens.edu/forms/d/1vd0-nANpQJdU6MYIWHdqsP9Vcc09jDfwufOZBWny8iQ/viewform?c=0&w=1>
Become
a National Member <http://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/membership>