[SWE] Newsletter 2.3.16

Elizabeth Gonzales egonzal2 at stevens.edu
Wed Feb 3 21:48:13 EST 2016

Upcoming SWE Events:
*Welcome Back GBM*
Tuesday, February 9th @ 9:15PM
EAS 222
Welcome back!!!! We are excited to share what we have in store for this
semester with you!!! We'll be kicking off with a quick meeting to see what
you can get involved with!

Other Opportunities:
*SWE Scholarships *
Apply <https://scholarships.swe.org/applications/login.asp>now for the Society
of Women Engineers scholarships
<http://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/scholarships> for the 2016-2017
academic year!
Deadline for applications is February 15, 2016
*SWE Relay for Life 2016 Team*
We would like to know if SWE members are interested in forming a SWE Relay
team at this year's Relay for Life. The event will take place Saturday
April 30 from 12 noon until midnight.
Please fill in this interest sheet
<https://docs.google.com/a/stevens.edu/spreadsheets/d/1eIza8kEWK3BYZ2C5qpJ8PjeAqBdyQktQYrR4vfz7Gr0/edit?usp=sharing>
!
*SWE NJ Ladies' Night*
Thursday, February 18, @ 7PM
The  "Crop-Shop" - Hoboken
SWE NJ is hosting a Ladies' Night here in Hoboken!
It will be a casual mixer where you will have the opportunity to meet SWE
members from the NJIT SWE Collegiate section and to network with SWE
members from the New Jersey Professional section. Limited to the first 7
members!
Please fill in this interest sheet
<https://docs.google.com/a/stevens.edu/spreadsheets/d/12-BkaS1chV18PolWduJmokldA520FPDll3CQZkQHnao/edit?usp=sharing>
!
*Hack @ Stevens*
The Stevens chapter of SHPE is hosting a "Hackathon" this semester, which
will take place on a Saturday-Sunday in April. There will be workshops for
students that don't know how to code, and prizes for those who make the
best product!
Check out this f
<https://docs.google.com/a/stevens.edu/forms/d/1bIj13qc8STx1XJKH-N8KRqPNYYRm-HiNd1QACow04JE/viewform>
orm
<https://docs.google.com/a/stevens.edu/forms/d/1bIj13qc8STx1XJKH-N8KRqPNYYRm-HiNd1QACow04JE/viewform>
if
you are interested or contact Susana Restrepo at srestrep at stevens.edu

*City Internships*

City Internships has a lot of cool initiatives going on, feel free to check
them out!
Student Ambassador Initiative (Until Feb. 29)
I <http://city-internships.com/about/student-ambassadors/>nformal Webinar
for Information on Internships and Graduate School (Feb. 9)
S <https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/2059380152872794626>cholarships for
Global Internship Program Summer 2016
<http://city-internships.com/news-and-press/2016-scholarships-competitions-announcement/>lobal
Internship in Sydney, Australia, Summer 2016
<http://www.city-internships.com/apply/>
*Female Engineer Guest Speaker Needed*

The center for Innovation in Engineering and Science Education (CIESE) is a
Stevens-affiliated organization that designs curriculum to better teachers
in the classroom regarding STEM topics. They are in need of an older female
engineering student who would be interested in speaking to a class on
February 25, 2016 around 9:30 or 10AM. The school is nearby in Journal
Square.
If interested, contact Liz Gonzales (egonzal2 at stevens.edu) ASAP!

*Scholarships Available (Deadline March 31st)*
AfterCollege is opening up applications to several scholarships for a wide
variety of students, including STEM majors and engineers especially, to
name a few. Be sure to check them out as well as their most recent
recipients here: https://www.aftercollege.com/scholarships/

Committee Updates:
Prof. Development
K-12 Outreach

Social
Fundraising

Past Events:
Thank you to everyone who came out to our past events! We hope to see you
again.
<https://www.facebook.com/SWEatStevens?fref=ts>
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/SWEatStevens?fref=ts>
<http://instagram.com/stevens_swe>
Instagram <http://instagram.com/stevens_swe>
<https://orgsync.com/48023/chapter>
DuckSync Page <https://orgsync.com/48023/chapter>
*Important Dates:*
February: *9th *- Welcome Back GBM, EAS 222, 9:15 PM
*18th *- SWE NJ Ladies Night, Crop Shop, 7PM
*Contact Us:*

Questions? Ideas? Requests?

We want to hear your opinion!

*President:*
Elizabeth Gonzales
egonzal2 at stevens.edu

*Vice President:*
Elaina Ferrer
eferrer at stevens.edu

*Secretary:*
Nicole Fosko
nfosko at stevens.edu
SWE Calander
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/render?tab=oc&pli=1#main_7%7Cmonth>

Want to be taken off the SWE mailing list?
Click the button below and fill out the google doc!
Unsubscribe
<https://docs.google.com/a/stevens.edu/forms/d/1vd0-nANpQJdU6MYIWHdqsP9Vcc09jDfwufOZBWny8iQ/viewform?c=0&w=1>
Become a National Member <http://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/membership>

--