[SWE] Two New Positions Open and End-of-Semester Wrap Up

Namankita Rana nrana1 at stevens.edu
Wed Dec 20 21:19:43 EST 2017

Hello all!

Hopefully, most of you are done with finals, and for those of you who
aren’t, *good luck*, and may the curve be ever in your favor. 🎲

I have a few quick announcements to divulge with you all before the break:

First off,* Anna Brown* is our new PR Chair! We are very happy to have her
on board for the upcoming semester.

*However*, for those still interested in being involved with SWE, fear not
-- we have TWO additional e-board spots open for the spring semester:
*Treasurer
and Secretary*!

If you are interested in either spot, please email the following to
swe at stevens.edu:

   -

   Name
   -

   Year
   -

   Major
   -

   Why you are interested in the position (<50 words)
   -

   Other positions and clubs you are involved in, in hours per week

*NOTE: *If you have already previously applied to be PR Chair and want to
be considered again for the other two spots, you *only* need to email a
short, new “Why you are interested” statement. The deadline to apply
is by *11:59
pm* on Friday, January 5th, 2018.

On a related note, thank you, truly, all for a great semester -- from the
launch of the Mentor-Mentee Program to the success of Women's Networking
Night, the last few months have seen astonishing growth in SWE membership
and retention. We definitely hope to continue the upward trend into 2018,
and we hope to see you all come back (and bring your friends, too).

Finally, here’s a sneak peek of the events SWE has lined up for next
semester, so you can put them on your planner ahead of time. (Or, you know,
just make it your phone lock screen. As you do. 🤷) Please note: all events
are tentative and can be changed at any time. The room, unless specified
otherwise, is the same as always: EAS 222.

[image: Inline image 1]

Once again -- thank you all for your support of SWE. It means a lot.

And since you've gotten this far -- thanks for reading (!), enjoy your
holidays, and see you all in the new year! 😊

🎉 Cheers! 🎉
--
*Namankita Rana*
*Stevens Institute of Technology *