[SWE] Volunteer for SWE K-12 Girl Scout Engineering Day!

Sarah Bertussi sbertuss at stevens.edu
Mon Oct 9 22:36:48 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone!

I'm Sarah Bertussi, one of SWE's K-12 outreach chairs.  In case you didn't
know, SWE hosts a series of Engineering Days throughout the year to get
elementary through high school girls interested and excited about
engineering, and our first event is coming up next month!

On November 11th, about 30 Elementary School age Girl Scouts (Daisies and
Brownies) will be coming to Stevens to have a presentation on engineering,
receive a demonstration from the Robust Field Autonomy Laboratory, and do a
series of hands-on activities that showcase different disciplines of
engineering.

The event itself will be from 10am to 12:30pm, but as a volunteer you will
need to be available from 9am to 1:30pm to help with set up and clean up.
In addition, all volunteers are required to attend at least one of two
volunteer meetings.

If you're interested, please fill out this form
<https://goo.gl/forms/KObnsQZ6jDScwbtH2> by the end of the day Friday.
Those who are interested will be contacted over the weekend with a poll to
find the best times for the volunteer meetings.

If you have any questions, please reach out either to myself (
sbertuss at stevens.edu) or my co-chair, Tori Larsen (vlarsen at stevens.edu).

Hope to see you there!

~Sarah