[SWE] Elections, Picnic, & Opportunities

Kaylee Shepard kshepard at stevens.edu
Tue Apr 10 22:20:04 EDT 2018

Hi everyone!

This email has updates from our emergency elections, date changes for the
picnic, and some great opportunities!

*Emergency Election Results*
Our newest e-board members are:
*Vice President:* Dhivya Shankar
*Professional Development Co-Chair:* Juliet Yeomans
*Social Chair:* Mary Mcneil

*End-of-Semester Picnic*
We have decided to move the picnic another week. So the official date will
be the Wednesday, the 18th from 1-4PM in Jacobus.

We plan on having the steminist shirts, food, music, crafts, and more!
More details will be sent out next week!

*Opportunities*

*NeuroLex Laboratories*

* ABOUT USNeuroLex Laboratories is a seed-stage diagnostics company
applying speech analysis to detect various health conditions early,
before full-blown symptoms occur. Our core vision is to pioneer a
universal voice test, like a blood test with extracted features and
reference ranges, for use in primary care to detect psychiatric and
neurological conditions. Over the past year, we have expanded our team to
over 5 people, launched 7 research pilots, built a pipeline of over
80 startup and research collaborators, and have been featured in
various press outlets such as the Atlantic and PsychNews.THE INNOVATION
FELLOWS PROGRAMThe NeuroLex Innovation Fellows (NIF) was formed as a way
to efficiently engage outstanding individuals who want to be a part of our
company in some way. We’ve spoken to many individuals who love our vision
and who often have a very personal story to share with us, with amazing
talents that could be equipped to help our company. You understand the
impact that our universal voice test can have in the world at scale. We’ve
thus created this program to engage you to help grow our company while
simultaneously helping you grow in whatever career path that you decide to
pursue. You can think of our Innovation Fellows program as a way to
get hands-on experience across all areas in a seed-stage
software diagnostics company. The goal end-to-end is to inspire you to
help grow our company and use our company’s networks and resources to
help you reach your career goals faster. We believe this a win-win for
you and our company because you can build a strong network and intuition as
to what it’s like to work within a machine learning healthcare startup
while simultaneously getting hands-on experience. Our company will likewise
become more efficient by leveraging your knowledge and talent. Together, we
will have a direct, large-scale impact on patients. We will be doing the
Innovation Fellows program in “Tribes.” We believe this format will help
focus the program and create a community that will have lasting impact.TIME
COMMITMENT / EXPECTATIONSThe time commitment will be roughly 2-3 hours per
month. There will be 1 hour virtual meetings via zoom meeting each month
(the last Thursday of every month @ 9 pm EST). Moreover, each Fellow will
complete an independent project demo to innovate within NeuroLex in some
way. This demo can take shape as a research, software, or network demo. In
the end, the goal is to have this demo enable you to go in the
direction you would like to pursue and will enable us to recommend you
to proceed in this direction.HOW TO APPLY / DEADLINETribe 3 will last from
May 2018-October 2018, ending in a demo day on October 27th, 2018. The
deadline to apply is April 21st, 2018, and you can apply
@http://innovate.neurolex.co <http://innovate.neurolex.co/> *

-

*Code Suisse Hackatho*

Deadline to sign up for selection: April 16, 2018

Candidates who complete the online sign-up will be reviewed and those
selected to participate will be notified in late April.

Students must be graduating between *December 2019 and June 2020* to
participate

The event is on May 24th and May 25th. Students must be available to attend
both days.

The Hackathon projects will be worked on in teams of three. Candidates can
register as individuals, pairs or trios  Individuals and pairs will be able
to join teams on the first day of the event.

Students must apply to the link here to be considered:
*https://credit-suisse.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/candidate/postings/3625
<https://credit-suisse.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/candidate/postings/3625>*

First, second, and third place teams will receive prizes!
-

If you have any questions, feel free to email swe at stevens.edu.
Have a great week!

--