[SWE] Merck Lunch & Learn Information

Society of Women Engineers - Stevens Chapter swe at lists.stevens.edu
Fri Sep 11 09:10:52 EDT 2020

Good morning SWE members,

As you may have seen in our newsletter or at our first GBM, SWE will be hosting a Lunch and Learn with Merck on Wednesday, September 16th from 3 pm – 5 pm. The link to RSVP can be found here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSem7B0M-o8N4B_d4crwpc5mWpSC0E5qiAzHuOYvfTjZtKYpsQ/viewform> or https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSem7B0M-o8N4B_d4crwpc5mWpSC0E5qiAzHuOYvfTjZtKYpsQ/viewform.
The Zoom Link for the event can be found in Ducklink or in SWE’s newsletter next week!
If you would like some more details about Merck and the Lunch and Learn, the information below provides a description as to who they are as a company and the agenda for that day.

For more than a century, Merck has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, Merck continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world. This event will feature employees representing both IT and Manufacturing. Within Merck IT, we operate at the intersection of technology, health care, and the life sciences to propose new ideas and innovative solutions to our internal clients that enable new business capabilities. In MMD, our vision is to be the most trusted and competitive supplier of pharmaceuticals, vaccines, biologics, and animal health products to the world’s patients and customers, supporting the company’s mission and enabling growth.

This event will provide information on the broader scope of what we do here at Merck, as well as diving further into Merck IT and Merck Manufacturing Division (MMD). Our guest speaker, Carolyn Jandoli, is an Executive Director in IT Infrastructure, Operations, & Experience. She is looking forward to sharing her background and experiences throughout her 30 years at Merck, as well as advice for young students just beginning to navigate the corporate world. We hope you’ll join us to learn more about our passion for saving and improving lives!

Agenda:

  *   Introductions
  *   About Merck, Merck IT, and MMD
  *   Career Opportunities in IT and MMD
  *   Guest Speaker: Carolyn Jandoli, Technology Infrastructure, Operations, & Experience
  *   Roundtable with Carolyn and Recruiting Team
  *   Wrap-Up, Q&A

Don’t forget to RSVP if you are interested in attending. We are look forwarding to see you at the Lunch and Learn!

Sincerely,

Society of Women Engineers at Stevens Institute of Technology

swe at stevens.edu<mailto:swe at stevens.edu>

[cid:image003.png at 01D687C4.17141460]