[Themaintainers] Introductions

Amanda Menking amenking at uw.edu
Tue Mar 10 19:37:02 EDT 2015

>>When you first post to the list, I encourage you to introduce yourself and your work, to say what interests you about "maintenance" writ large and how it might connect to your current and future projects, and also to point us to existing works that connect to our theme.

Hi Maintainers,

My name is Amanda, and I'm a third year PhD student at the University of Washington Information School. I'm currently working on research re: Wikipedia and the "gender gap" as well as emotional labor in online spaces.

I'm interested in working on a piece re: online moderation and how this kind of hidden (and potentially gendered) labor maintains many sites. I'd love to work with collaborators on this, too.

Best,
Amanda

https://ischool.uw.edu/people/phd/amenking