[Themaintainers] COVID-19 and Maintainers

Felipe Fonseca felipefonseca at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 15:22:34 EDT 2020

Hi maintainers,

I must confess I haven't had time to read this valuable mailing list
recently (caught reconfiguring my work/home dynamics, as I believe everyone
else these days). Just adding a couple more cents to the discussion though,
one of many messy blog posts I have committed last week or so:

https://is.efeefe.me/opendott/non-essential

And if I may use this space, tomorrow morning (British Summer Time) I'm
organising a presentation + open discussion that will likely touch on Covid
implications on reuse, repair and essential services. It was supposed to be
a local event here in Dundee, but hey, now we can reach the whole world ;)

https://opendott.org/repair-diaries/

All the best from Scotland,

efe

Em qua., 25 de mar. de 2020 às 10:46, Bastien <bzg at bzg.fr> escreveu:

> Hi Lee,
>
> thanks for sharing this interesting write-up, I've shared it on this
> forum (mostly french resources) :
>
> https://www.covid19-que-lire.fr/item?id=82
>
> > We've been thinking about you all as well as all of the maintainers
> > keeping our world going right now. Something we've seen before (Andy
> > and Lee lived through Hurricane Sandy in Hoboken, NJ): disasters
> > really highlight the centrality of maintenance and maintainers.
>
> What strikes me is the fact that both the topics of maintainance and
> openness seem currently to gain awareness.  (Or maybe that's just me
> being obsessed by both.)
>
> Take care everyone,
>
> --
>  Bastien