[Themaintainers] Chromebooks repair

The Culture of Repair Project cultureofrepair at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 18:52:47 EDT 2021

Hello Maintainers,

I’m not a member but have a contribution if you think it’d be of interest to subscribers.  I’ve already emailed Kevin at iFixit, as requested in the posting. (Themaintainers Digest, Vol 66, Issue 5, Message 2)

There’s a good article about a Chromebook repair internship this summer in Oakland Unified School District. (below)

Y’all’re great.
I’m glad you’re there doing what you do.

Vita

The Culture of Repair Project
www.cultureofrepair.org
@cultureofrepair
"Working across sectors to restore repair as a basic social value.”

In The Oaklandside:

https://oaklandside.org/2021/07/26/oakland-high-schoolers-repaired-more-than-3000-chromebooks-this-summer/

"Oakland high schoolers repaired more than 3,000 Chromebooks this summer
The internship gave students an opportunity to learn computer repair skills while also helping out the district’s technology team."