[Themaintainers] NYTimes.com: Overlapping Disasters Expose Harsh Climate Reality: The U.S. Is Not Ready

Casey Boardman casey.boardman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 08:14:48 EDT 2021

> “We’re feeling all the effects of that deferred maintenance,” said
> Kristina Dahl, a senior climate scientist at the Union of Concerned
> Scientists.

Maintenance is at least getting a mention with respect to recent
climate-related disasters; I wish it had been more.   I would be interested
to see a comparison of "actual results" vs "predicted results if current
systems were in working order" vs "predicted with new mitigation
strategies" - does anyone know of any studies/reports like that?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/02/climate/new-york-rain-floods-climate-change.html?smid=em-share

-Casey