[Themaintainers] Repair (Café) workshops in a Repair Country : Part 1 – by Himadri Das and Purna Sarkar

Lauren Dapena Fraiz laurendf at themaintainers.org
Tue Sep 28 14:24:15 EDT 2021

Hello maintenance friends,

Announcing a new blog post from our fellows Purna Sarkar and Himadri Das,
co-directors of Repair Cafe Bengaluru! "*Repair (Café) workshops in a
Repair Country: Part 1
<https://themaintainers.org/repair-cafe-workshops-in-a-repair-country-part-1/>"*
 is set to unravel India’s unique repair culture and customs of
professional repairers, as well as describe their on-the-ground experience
running workshops in Bengaluru. The post is full of anecdotes and
disclosures of the challenges faced by them, for example, having
participants expect the cafes to be service centers rather than a space to
learn or practice.

We look forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts on this, and also our other
wonderful Summer fellow posts!

Thank you,

Lauren

--