[Themaintainers] Energy as a commons - summer school opportunity

Mina Kouvara mina.koov at protonmail.com
Wed Mar 30 03:56:17 EDT 2022

Hello Maintainers,

On behalf of the [COSMOLOCALISM](https://www.cosmolocalism.eu/) research team and the [P2P Lab](https://www.p2plab.gr/en/) collective, I'm sharing an opportunity to apply for the summer school "Energy as a commons" to take place in Greecebetween 30th August - 2nd September 2022. Here is the link for more info: https://www.cosmolocalism.eu/summer-school-energy-as-a-commons/
The school will combine theoretical and hands-on exploration of alternative socio-technological futures. It is open to  PhD students from all disciplines with an interest in energy transition, technology and societal issues. Master students who have finished the first year of studies are also welcome! There are no fees, and positions are limited.

During the hands-on workshop we will build parts of a small-scale wind turbine under the guidance of the [School of the Earth "Nea Guinea"](https://neaguinea.org/2018/01/27/electrification-of-a-local-health-post-in-mityal-palpa-nepal/).

FYI - Our work is very much inspired my the right to repair movement and the idea of technological sovereignty. In terms of practice, so far we have been exploring the collaborative design and making of tools for small-scale farmers while developing [two pilots in Greece and Bhutan](https://www.cosmolocalism.eu/pilots/) in remote mountain areas.

Feel free to ask further questions, share the call or any thoughts!

All the best,
Mina

--

Mina Kouvara