[Themaintainers] Upcoming Event! You're Invited: Engineering for Long Term Solutions

Liliana Coelho liliana at themaintainers.org
Fri May 20 16:29:10 EDT 2022

Dear Maintainers Listserv,

You're invited for our upcoming #MovementFellow event on June 6th in
conjunction with Long Now Boston. This event is led by Tona and our very
own Guru Madhavan, Maintainers advisor, will be one of the panelists.

Check it out and share throughout your networks!

Take care,
The Maintainers Team

--------------------------------

Engineering for Long Term Solutions - The Challenge of our Times, A Joint
Conversation Event by The Maintainers and Long Now Boston

Monday, June 6th | 7:30 PM EDT | Register Here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/engineering-for-long-term-solutions-the-challenge-of-our-times-tickets-343816112247>

The accelerating pace of innovation and change has led to complex social,
technological, and even existential challenges that were unimaginable a
century ago.  Addressing these wicked problems requires a shift in the way
we approach “engineering”, the structured processes by which we solve
problems.

The conversation will be led by Tona Rodriguez-Nikl
<https://themaintainers.org/tona-rodriguez-nikl/>, 2022 Maintainers
Movement Fellow, and will feature a panel of esteemed academics and
practitioners involved in cutting edge research and dialogue on the
applicability of engineering concepts and principles to modern problems.
Together, Donna Riley, Guru Madhavan, Kai Whiting, and Bill Bulleit will
explore the ethical and philosophical ideas that guide the methods and
conceptual processes for engineering (or re-engineering) our world.

Long Now Boston <https://www.longnowboston.org/> and The Maintainers
<https://themaintainers.org/> have come together to proudly present a
conversation melding our two key concepts: long-term thinking and
maintenance. This event is led by Maintainers Movement Fellow Tona
Rodriguez-Nikl, and is hosted within the Long Now Boston conversation
series. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on how these concepts
informed the conversation!