[Themaintainers] Information & Culture seeking book reviewers

James A Hodges james.hodges at rutgers.edu
Thu Aug 10 21:12:04 EDT 2023

Greetings!

Please excuse my cross-posting. I am the Book Reviews Editor for
Information & Culture (https://www.infoculturejournal.org/). I’m writing
because we are currently looking for new book reviewers.

Reviews are generally around 1,000 words in length, written for a broad
academic audience.

If you’re interested, please email reviews at ischool.utexas.edu with your
area of expertise and any other relevant information. You are free to pitch
any book within the areas of information, media, and communication
(published within the last year), or to express interest in one of the
titles below. I look forward to working with you!

Here are some titles that we are currently looking to assign:

“The Affect Lab: The History and Limits of Measuring Emotion”
By Grant Bollmer
https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/the-affect-lab

“Discriminating Data: Correlation, Neighborhoods, and the New Politics of
Recognition”
by Wendy Chun
https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/discriminating-data

“The Smart Mission: NASA's Lessons for Managing Knowledge, People, and
Projects”
by Edward J. Hoffman, Matthew Kohut and Laurence Prusak
https://mitpress.mit.edu/9780262046886/

“Media Ruins: Cambodian Postwar Media Reconstruction and the Geopolitics of
Technology” by Margaret Jack
https://mitpress.mit.edu/9780262545389/media-ruins/

“The Private is Political: Networked Privacy on Social Media”
By Alice Marwick
https://yalebooks.yale.edu/book/9780300229622/the-private-is-political/

"Resisting AI: an Anti-Fascist Approach to Artificial Intelligence"
by Dan McQuillan
https://bristoluniversitypress.co.uk/resisting-ai

“Soundtracked Books from the Acoustic Era to the Digital Age: A Century of
‘Books That Sing’”
By Justin St. Clair
https://www.routledge.com/Soundtracked-Books-from-the-Acoustic-Era-to-the-Digital-Age-A-Century-of/Clair/p/book/9781032101699#:~:text=Mapping%20the%20form's%20material%20evolution,marriage%20of%20sound%20and%20print
.

“The Philosopher of Palo Alto: Mark Weiser, Xerox PARC, and the Original
Internet of Things”
By John Tinnell
https://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/P/bo194495767.html

If you’re interested in reviewing any of these books, or in pitching
another recent title, please contact us at reviews at ischool.utexas.edu.

Best wishes,
James

--
*JAMES A. HODGES, PH.D. *(he/him/his)
Assistant Professor

Senior Book Reviews Editor
Information & Culture <https://infoculturejournal.org/>
Member, Committee on Publication Ethics <https://publicationethics.org/>
 (COPE)

Junior Fellow, Rare Book School
Mellon Society of Fellows in Critical Bibliography
<https://rarebookschool.org/admissions-awards/fellowships/sofcb/>