[Themaintainers] Announcing: Embodying Degrowth

Liliana Coelho liliana at themaintainers.org
Wed Jan 11 11:57:36 EST 2023

Dear Maintainers Listserv,

We are excited to officially share with you the culminating project for The
Maintainers Movement Fellowship: Embodying Degrowth. This project
investigates practices related to degrowth, maintenance, and
sustainability. Through interviews with practitioners, activists, and
experts, Embodying Degrowth
<https://themaintainers.org/fellowships/embodying-degrowth/> looks at the
extraordinary everyday work required to develop ecologically and
civilizationally sustainable alternatives to an unsustainable global system.

There are three core components of this project, which include:

   1.

   The interviews
   <https://themaintainers.org/fellowships/embodying-degrowth/> with
   practitioners on our website.
   2.

   A Working People podcast episode
   <https://themaintainers.org/embodying-degrowth-podcast/>.
   3.

   An end-of-year virtual event
   <https://themaintainers.org/embodying-degrowth-event-recording/>
   celebrating the work of the Movement Fellows.

Over the next few months, we will be showcasing the interviews conducted by
the Movement Fellows. Stay up to date by following us on Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/themaintainersnetwork/>, Twitter
<https://twitter.com/The_Maintainers>, and by subscribing to our quarterly
newsletter <https://themaintainers.org/connect/>.

We would love to hear how this work lands for you, who else you think may
want to know about it, and other opportunities for sharing the work of our
2022 Movement Fellow cohort.

Warmly,
The Maintainers Team

P.S. Sign up for our Monthly Maintenance Session
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/monthly-maintenance-sessions-tickets-482551292907>
 on January 20th from 2-4pm ET Think of it as a “study hall” for adults,
but instead of homework, you are spending time caring, repairing and
maintaining with The Maintainers.
--
Liliana Coelho (she/her) The Maintainers <https://themaintainers.org/>
Community Outreach + Events Coordinator