[Themaintainers] Join Us! Maintainers Meet Up *virtual* May 16th at 10a ET

Lauren Dapena Fraiz laurendf at themaintainers.org
Mon Apr 29 12:12:03 EDT 2024

Hello Listserv Friends,

As you may have seen in our social networks and channels, we have a second
Meet Up very soon, scheduled for May 16th at 10 am ET. Same as last time,
we will gather and hear about people’s projects related to maintenance,
repair, and care. If you want to present in this one or an upcoming one
(once we run out of presenter slots), please get in touch with us by
emailing me at laurendf at themaintainers.org.

We typically line up a few individuals (although we will invite attendees
to share as well), about 6 - 8, all from different fields and locations
that lead or are interested in developing projects related to the promotion
of maintenance, repair or care- centered initiatives. We ask people to
speak about their work in a short about of time, 3ish minutes, and to
address these points:

   -

   Your Project -What maintenance effort are you working on?
   -

   What you’re learning - How do you maintain this effort?
   -

   Opportunities and Impact for The Maintainers Network - this may be
   volunteer opportunities, thought-partnership, research collaborations,
   jobs, additional engagement projects.

As an example of the projects that were covered last time, we learned about
Camille Acey’s organizational closure project The Wind Down, Purna Sarkar
and Himadri’s digital map of street repair workers, John Boy’s maintenance
college curriculum development as part of the University of Leiden, Joy
Ming’s research on home care workers and invisible labor, Vita Wells work
in education as part of the Culture of Repair, and Mark Young’s community
building around philosophy and maintenance discussion.

Whether you would like to present, or just to join and connect with people
leading maintenance, repair and care practice all over the world, we ask
that you *register here* <https://themaintainers.org/meet-up/>. So excited
and curious to discover what other projects we will learn about!

Thank you,

Lauren

--
*Lauren Dapena Fraiz*