[Themaintainers] Linus Torvald on Maintainer Fatigue

Lee Vinsel lee.vinsel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 08:43:35 EST 2024

Folks,

Howdy! It's been a while, and I hope you all are doing well.

Some of you may already seen this video of Linus Torvald talking about
Maintainer fatigue <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWfUaFNSPhM>. It's been
a long-running theme in our community here. It was shared with me by Matt
Beane, a professor at University of California - Santa Barbara who does
neat work on the sociology of robotics and automation, often enough with
maintenance themes, and sometimes with hilarious angles
<https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/3319502.3374775>.

Lee

--
Associate Professor
Department of Science, Technology, and Society