[AIChE] AIChE Week of 9/27

Owen Jappen ojappen at stevens.edu
Mon Sep 27 01:18:00 EDT 2010

Hey All,

Hope you had yet another fantastic week!  Here's the events and happenings
for this week:

Tuesday -- 6pm -- McLean 004 -- *Chem E Car Meeting* -- New members are
still welcome to join in on the fun and planning

Wednesday -- 1pm -- McLean 004 --* Guest Speaker Bob Rossi *-- Mr. Rossi
will be speaking on a process he developed for a client to Capture CO2 From
the Atmosphere and addressed other topics he has worked on.  Refreshments
will be served.

*ANNOUNCEMENTS:*

- We will be officially hosting the 2012 Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference at
Stevens!!  More in depth planning will begin towards the end of the
semester, but Email back with any ideas you may have already!

- Check out pictures posted on the website at:
http://www.stevens.edu/aiche/Pictures.html

- Get your Stevens Chemical Engineering Shirt!  Cost is $6 and will be at
available at all future meetings

- Thanks to everyone who came out to the guest speaker last week!  Be sure
to keep coming throughout the semester -- they get even more interesting as
time goes on!

*CHEM E QUIZ BOWL AND DINNER -- OCTOBER 12TH -- Evening (Exact time TBA) --
*Email back if you wanna be on the team or attend the dinner.  Admission is
free to all Undergrads [Keep in mind that the 12th is a Tuesday that follows
a Monday schedule).  Last year we tied with Princeton for 2nd place (Rutgers
took 1st).  We must reclaim victory! (CASH PRIZE TOO!)
*
*
*NOMINATIONS:*

Stevens Chem E Social Chair (CESC) - Responsibilities include promoting
social interactions within AIChE members; be it a trip to Pierce, hanging
out in the city, or just all going out to dinner one night.

Freshmen Class Liaison - Representative from the Freshmen Class who will
promote involvement in his or her class and work with the e-board on
activities throughout the semester.

You can email back nominations (you can nominate yourself) and we will take
them at this weeks meeting.  Nominations will close next week and we'll vote
at the meeting on the 6th.

*JOKE*

*Courtesy Cianyl Mae Pogata, a 3 out of 5 Chem E:*
*
*
What do you do with a dead chemist?
*