[AIChE] Chem-E Car

John Wright mrwright.john at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 17:35:17 EDT 2011

Hello ChemE's

I am treasurer for AIChE and in charge of this years Chem-E Car. If
you were at the "Meat" and Greet last week we talked about it. For
those who could not make it Chem-E car is competition against other
AIChE student chapters. The goal of the competition is to build a shoe
box sized car that is powered and stopped by a chemical reaction. The
car has to carry a load of water ranging between 0-500mL and travel
between 50-100ft. The team that gets their car to closest to the
specified distance wins. We learn of the weight and distance on the
date of the competition. We have meetings with our adviser, Prof.
Gallois Mondays at 3:30. If anyone has any questions and is interested
in being part of the team this year just let me know at
jwright at stevens.edu.