[AIChE] Stevens Ethics Bowl 2012

Palash Mehta pmehta8 at stevens.edu
Fri Oct 5 11:17:04 EDT 2012

Hello, all AIChE members,

As most of you know, there is going to be an Ethics Bowl this year (October
17th and 26th). All RSO's, Greek Life, and professional organizations are
invited to the Ethics Bowl; each team must consist of 3-5 people. If any of
you are interested in representing AIChE this year, please do respond back
to me, Palash Mehta (pmehta8 at stevens.edu).

Last year, our AIChE team came second place amongst all Stevens RSOs -
unfortunately we could not move on to regional rounds/state rounds because
only 1st place teams can compete. So we really need to win this year!

The way that the Ethics Bowl works, in a nutshell, is that every team is
presented with a series of case studies that have multiple avenues of
supporting or rebuttal. We must study the cases that are presented and then
we will argue for or against it on the 17th. I am planning on hosting a
meeting in the library the Saturday or Sunday the week before the actual
Ethics bowl. Remember, the faster we get 3 - 5 people together as a team,
the better it is. It's actually a lot of fun and, for those who are
interested in resume building, it shows that you are involved in the Campus
activities.

In recapitulation, please do email back if you are interested. I would like
it if you could respond as soon as possible so that I can email G&T
regarding that we are ready to compete. Since we have a week and a few days
left, it's vital we get all of our information as soon as possible. Be
ready to come to an Ethics Bowl preparation if you want to be the team.
--
Palash P. Mehta
Stevens Institute of Technology