[AIChE] Free January Luncheon

Ethan Kirschner e.kirschner17 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 13:40:47 EST 2014

Hey everyone,

First, I'd like to wish you all a happy new year. I hope everyone has had
an enjoyable break. For those interested in networking (maybe landing a
summer internship) as well as materials science, the Societe de Chimie
Industrielle is hosting a free luncheon on January 15th at 11 a.m. The
guest speakers will discuss Advanced Materials in Transportation; below is
the abstract:

*Carbon fibers reinforced composite materials are increasingly replacing
metals in Aerospace, Defense and Industrial applications due to their high
specific strength/stiffness and resistance to corrosion and fatigue. The
main challenges to increased adoption in single aisle aircrafts and serial
auto programs are technology maturity and total cost reduction for high
rate production. The talk will highlight the value of composites and
potential solutions to the adoption challenges.*

If you would like to attend or if you have any questions, feel free to
contact me. Please RSVP to me no later than Friday, 1/10/14, at noon and I
will register you. I will send out details on departure time from campus to
those who RSVP.

Regards,
Ethan