[AIChE] - Spring 2015 Symposium

Palash Mehta pmehta8 at stevens.edu
Sat Apr 18 10:30:23 EDT 2015

Hello, fellow Chemical Engineers and AIChE members,

I am pleased to announce the AIChE Spring Symposium lecture series will be
starting up this Tuesday, April 21st. The topic of this lecture will be on
Safety Layers and LOPA (Layer of Protection Analysis). One of the big
points of discussion will be on the 1984 Bhopal disaster, where a leak of
methyl isocyanate killed over 3000 people, and how to prevent disasters
like these from occurring in the future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhopal_disaster

For those of you that are interested and have the time to attend, please do
email me back. It's in Roseland NJ and the registration/networking will
begin at 6:00 PM. Students with ID are free. Please do email me back if you
are interested in attending this lecture. Attached is the flier with more
information on the event.

Thanks, and have a wonderful weekend!
Palash Mehta