[AIChE] River Horse Brewery Update

Luke Malvey lmalvey at stevens.edu
Tue Oct 25 11:12:13 EDT 2016

Hey guys!

First of all, thank you to everyone who filled out the interest form! No
one said they didn't want to come and the response has been much more
receptive than I originally anticipated which is awesome! Unfortunately I
have some bad news but first....

GOOD NEWS

I am in talks with the brewery and it looks like we will be getting a tour
from the Brewmaster of River Horse, which is awesome. He is the top dog
when it comes to developing and producing new beers!

I am also thinking of making this an all-day event, we tour in the morning
and get lunch and drinks in the tasting room of the brewery afterwards. I
am going to try and get a bus as well so we do not have to worry about
driving.

THE BAD NEWS

To avoid any kind of risk or legal trouble, I have decided it is in AIChE's
best interest to keep this event 21 & up. I know some underclassmen were
interested in coming and while I would love for you to get exposure to a
brewery in action as soon as possible I just cannot afford to run that
risk. I don't think it would fly with the school either.

That being said, if you are interested in beer production or homebrewing
come talk to me or email me. I have been brewing beer for about a year now
and it is so much fun!

Again, I'm sorry to those under 21, but your day will come. I'm hoping to
build a relationship with River Horse to make this an annual event for
AIChE.

More updates will be coming as I get information!

Cheers,

Luke