[AnimeClub] Anime Club Announcements

Keith B. Cassidy kcassidy at stevens.edu
Thu Apr 26 01:08:17 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

                There's a lot going on with anime club and on campus in the
next few weeks. 2 epic events from 9PM - 7AM, concerts, festivals, and
convention meetings! Without further delay here's what's happening:

                Friday (4/27)

Anime Club Bobobo-bo Bo-boBoken Maratahon from 9PM - 7AM in B118! There will
be snacks like always, and free pizza! Feel free to come at any point in the
night since we are showing a variety of shows. We will be showing:

                Animation Runner Kuromi

                Shinesman

                Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro

                Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

                Gunsmith Cats

                Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

                Megaman: Upon a Star

                Saturday (4/28)

                Off center will be performing in Hayden Lounge from 3PM -
4PM

                The Stevens Jazz and Concert bands are performing at 8PM in
DeBaun Auditorium. One of the songs that the Jazz Band will be playing is
Tank, the opening to Cowboy Bebop!

                C2GS's IDKFA marathon from 9PM - 7AM in the first floor of
Babbio!

                Sunday (4/29)

                The Anime Club will be taking a trip to the Brooklyn Botanic
Gardens Sakura Matsuri (Cherry Blossom Festival). We will be leaving from
the Howe center lobby at 10 AM and will be taking a PATH Train and transfer
to a NYC subway train. The fee is $4 with student ID plus cost of
transportation. They have a lot of different Japanese Cultural events at the
garden along with plenty of cherry blossom trees to see! For a schedule of
events at the festival, or for more information, go to
http://www.bbg.org/exp/cherries/sakura.html

                Sunday (5/5)

                The Castle Point Anime Convention, first anime convention on
campus, will be having its second planning meeting at 3PM in Babbio 104.
Please try to arrive on time because the building doors are locked, however
there will be a phone number posted in case you need to get in. Everyone is
welcome to come, no prior convention experience necessary.  Right now we are
working on organizing the departments and getting the basic infrastructure
setup. If you, or know of someone who, can't make the meeting but still want
to help out with the convention please e-mail anime at stevens.edu.

Good luck on any finals and final projects.

Sincerely,

Keith B. Cassidy

President

Stevens Institute of Technology Anime Club