[AnimeClub] It's beginning to look a lot like...

Philip Mainwaring pmainwar at stevens.edu
Fri Jan 19 00:52:34 EST 2007

Keith B. Cassidy. Everywhere I go.

Honestly, no, it isn't, but it sounded good in my head.

Without further ado, welcome back, all you fellow students, and we the
Anime Club shall welcome you with cake and further eatery and the first
episodes of the various animes we shall be showing this semester at our
annual Prolegomenon /thisfridayinburchard118at9pm!
/
One more time. This Friday (today, actually, since it is 12:42AM) in
Burchard 118, at 9 pm, there will be cake. Who gives a fig about the
anime? CAKE!

That's about it.

Philip M, perpetrator of the jewfro

Actually I lie! There is more. From our fine leader and other
establishments:

 The Penn State Anime Organization is hosting it's first convention,
Setsucon, and we are excited to invite you to join us!

Setsucon will be held Saturday, JANUARY 27, 2007 at the State College
Days Inn. Pre-registration post marked or received by January 6th are $12.
Registration will also be available at the door for $15.

We are offering a full array of programming including viewings, video
gaming, live performances, masquerade, and a dance along with a dealer's
room and an artist's alley.

We invite staff volunteers, panelists, artists and anyone wishing to
help out at the convention to contact us.

Please visit our website (http://www.setsucon.com) or contact
publicRelations at setsucon.com for more information.

Thanks,
Katherine Frick
Advertising
http://www.setsucon.com
Setsucon, located in the geographical center of Pennsylvania, is a first
time anime convention catering to the students of Penn State University
and the surrounding community. Located at the State College Days Inn, in
State College, PA, Setsucon is within walking distance of the University
Park Campus (Main Campus) of Penn State University.

Setsucon is hosted by the Penn State Anime Organization (PSAO). Since
September 2001, the PSAO has been bringing anime, manga and Japanese pop
culture to the University Park campus. Working to provide both weekly
screenings and a social environment for Penn State's anime/manga fan
base, the PSAO is continually broadening its horizons. The PSAO meetings
serve multiple functions, including our free weekly anime screenings. We
also arrange trips to conventions, have club social events, facilitate
DDR events on campus, and much much more!

ALSO

We are currently looking for Anime Reviewers to review anime shows on
our new  video podcast, AnimeTV.  You can check out all the details at
www.goanimetv.com.   We would greatly  appreciate it if you could ask
your members if they would like to write reviews  for titles that will
be featured on AnimeTV.  The titles listed below are the  ones we are
reviewing currently, but this is an ongoing project and we will be
contacting you again to review additional titles.

If you can't write in-depth reviews of all the shows, just do what you
can, and try to score the rest based on the criteria below.

Animation/Character Design
What do you think of the animation itself? Is if innovative, new, fresh,
interesting? Are the characters designed well? Are they different from
other characters you've seen, or similar to others? Comment on these
things. What you like or don't like!

Story
Here you can talk about the story in general, what you think of it, how
it made you feel, how it was different or new or interesting. Or the
opposite! Did the characters engage you? Did you like any of them? Hate
any of them? Would you recommend this show to others? Do  you want to
watch more of it? Do you hope they make more episodes? Do you think the
writing is good? Or not so great? Is the dialogue crisp and fresh? Or
stale and fake sounding? And things like that! This is probably one of
the most important topics to discuss in your review.

Performances
When possible, discuss the English Language voice acting performances.
If you don't have access to those, please consider the Japanese voice
acting. Did you like the performances, or dislike them? Was the acting
well done? Was it directed well in your opinion? Did the acting sound
fake? Or natural? Any stand out performances you loved?

(23:16:55) SnowCrash51295: Sound track
How was the music? Anything memorable? Did it work for the story or
animation? Did you notice the ambience or sound effects? Monsters?
Anything special to discuss in this category?

These are the shows we need  reviews & scores for right now:

Samurai  Champloo
Planetes
Trinity Blood
Haré+Guu
Naruto
Fate Stay Night
Eureka Seven
Bleach
Paradise Kiss

INSTRUCTIONS:

Reviews
Please limit your reviews to  300 words or less per category.
Categories include, Animation/Character Design,  Story, Performance and
Sound Track. Please send your reviews to: judges at goanimetv.com by
Monday,  December 18th.

Scoring
Please score (1-10) these titles based  on these categories.
Animation/Character Design, Story, Performance and Sound  Track. Please
send the reviews to:  judges at goanimetv.com by Monday, December  18th.
(You may send both reviews and scores together, if you like.)

If you have seen all of the titles posted above, great!  If not they can
review all of the titles that they are familiar with.  I also wanted to
point out that these reviews will be for the first couple of shows.  I
will contact you with a new list in a month or so with the titles for
the next several episodes.  This will be an ongoing project.

Be sure to include the following  information:

1. FULL NAME
2. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (CITY/TOWN & STATE).
3. Contact info: email, address and/or phone number
4. Lastly,  PLEASE WRITE: "I give you permission to use my reviews and
scores in AnimeTV." If you are under 18, please have your parent or
legal guardian write that in the email, and make sure they give us their
full name as well.

All selected reviews will be posted on the AnimeTV forums and your name
will appear in the end credits of the show!

Thank you for your participation!  I look forward to reading your reviews!

Sincerely,

Mark Fujita
Creative Director
AnimeTV