[AnimeClub] The Last Hurrah

cbowers at stevens.edu cbowers at stevens.edu
Thu Apr 28 15:34:47 EDT 2011

 Greetings, Comrades,

 This week will be the last showing of this semester. Yes, I know it's
sad, but we've saved the best for last. We will be marathoning Black
Lagoon: the Second Barrage. Yes, that's right, MARATHONING. All 12
episodes, in one sitting. That's like 20 hours of anime or something.

 If you missed our showings of the first season of Black Lagoon, don't
sweat it. All you need to know is that the show follows a 4-man
delivery/mercenary company in Southeast Asia. The Lagoon company is made up
of Dutch, the leader; Revy, the gun(wo)man; Benny, the technician; and
Rock, the former businessman.

 There will be pizza. Not only that, there will be sushi. Delicious,
delicious sushi. All you have to do to get in on this awesome anime and
delicious food is to come to Burchard 118 at 9 PM on Friday, April 29th.

 BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! This Saturday is our trip up to the Brooklyn
Botanical Gardens for Sakura Matsuri, the cherry blossom festival. We'll
meet at 10 AM in the Burchard lobby. You'll need to bring $10 to get into
the Gardens, as well as money for transportation and food.

 AND FURTHERMORE: Sunday will be the CPAC wrap-up meeting. If you were a
staffer or department head for CPAC, make sure you come. We'll be selling
leftover CPAC merch to staff at a reduced price. And yes, you can use duck
bills. The wrap-up meeting will be in Babbio 122 at 3 PM on Sunday.

 See you there,
 Chris Bowers
 "Beta Chris"