[AnimeClub] Charcoal Feather Federation

Chris Bowers cbowers at stevens.edu
Thu Aug 2 01:07:05 EDT 2012

Hey there guys,

This week, our feature presentation will be Haibane Renmei. Haibane
Renmei tells the story of a girl who, after a dream in which she falls
from the sky, bursts out of a cocoon, grows a pair of grey wings,
realizes she has no memories, and is given a halo and the name Rakka
(falling). This masterpiece, written by famed character designer
Yoshitoshi ABe (that's not a typo, the B is supposed to be capitalized),
follows Rakka's new life as she adapts to the strange world she has been
thrust into. I am personally a huge fan of this series, and I highly
recommend watching it, especially to fans of ABe's other works, which
include Serial Experiments Lain, NieA 7, and Texnolyze. ABe also did the
illustrations for the original Welcome to the NHK novel.

If you're interested in a fantastically written anime with impeccable
design and world-building, join us this Thursday, August 2nd, at 9 PM in
Burchard 118.

See you there,

Chris Bowers
Honorary Britannian