[ConcertBand] Welcome Back and Secret Garden

David Zimmerman dzimmerm at stevens.edu
Fri Aug 22 14:53:42 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

WELCOME BACK!!! I hope everyone had a great summer!

The first Jazz Band rehearsal is this coming Wednesday, August 27 at 6:30pm.
We are expecting freshmen to drop by and join the group, so please welcome
them. So far, seems like a very social bunch, and some that we have seen are
also very talented. We'll provide snackages as well for the first rehearsal.

The first Concert Band isn't until Sunday, September 7 at 6pm. Same here -
freshmen, snackages, etc.

Now this season The Theater Company in residence at DeBaun Center for
Performing Arts will be producing THE SECRET GARDEN - A Concert Production.
We are looking for a full orchestra for this show, and performances are
October 17-19 and 24-26. I'm directing it, and our musical director is back
from last season's Urinetown and Christmas Carol - Meg Zervoulis.

We are looking for
Keyboard 1 & 2
Woodwind 1 (flute, piccolo, recorders, clarinet, pan pipes)
Woodwind 2 (oboe, English horn)
Woodwind 3 (clarinet, bass clarinet)
Trumpet
Trombone
Horn 1 & 2
Violin 1 & 2
Viola
Cello
Bass
Percussion

If you are interested, contact Meg directly to schedule an audition:
mzervoulis at gmail.com

Further details on the production can be found at www.debaun.org If you have
any further questions about the score, story, rehearsals, etc. you can
contact either Meg or I.

Once again, WELCOME BACK, and look forward to seeing you soon!!!
-Dave

PS  My apologies for double-posts

David Zimmerman, Executive Director
DeBaun Center for Performing Arts
The Theater Company at DeBaun
Stevens Institute of Technology
Castle Point on Hudson, Hoboken, NJ 07030
Ph: 201-216-5111  Fax: 201-216-5514
dzimmerman at debaun.org
www.debaun.org