[ConcertBand] FREE Tickets!

David Zimmerman dzimmerm at stevens.edu
Fri Mar 28 15:07:33 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

Johanna Stahley, who has performing on campus before and is the daughter of
Joe Stahley, Asst. VP for Student Development, is performing at the Baruch
Performing Arts Center on FRIDAY, APRIL 4 at 8pm.

Kerri Clarke, in the Office of Student Development on the 10th Floor of the
Howe Center, has a limited number of FREE TICKETS to Johanna's concert. If
you or anyone else you know are interested in going, please pick up the
tickets from Kerri on MONDAY, TUESDAY, or WEDNESDAY between the hours of
9am-5pm. First come, first serve!

More information can be found below on Johanna...and I apologize for those
on multiple lists who receive this multiple times.

Thanks!
-Dave

Johanna Stahley
Opening Band: Lauren Zettler
Friday, April 4 at 8pm

Johanna Stahley started singing early in a family of musicians. She added
the guitar to her repertoire at 18 to help develop her budding lyrics and
melodies into a definite form. I use instruments to get the songs out of my
head, says Stahley, who has since added bass and piano, but my true love is
performing. In 2006, following the release of Im Not Perfect, The Village
Voice endorsed Johannas live show with an Editors Pick saying that the album
is a better and bouncier Sheryl Crow album than Sheryls managed in a while.
The next day Johanna was chosen as a MySpace Featured Artist, which led to a
co-publishing deal with Cherry Lane Music. But success in the electronic
media is what followed. Her songs I Can and Nothing I Would Change have been
heard in the opening scenes of MTVs The Real World: Australia and Laguna
Beach as well as ABCs Men In Trees, among a slew of other TV shows. And Im
Not Perfect is now available on V Cast on Verizon phones. However, Johannas
publishing deal is only one facet of her young, but fruitful career. I want
to create success through publishing as a writer and producer, but more
importantly connect with people through live performances of my songs. She
is doing just that, playing gigs from New York to Chicago, all the way to
Tennessee, bringing high energy and distinct cheekiness to every stage.

Johanna Stahley at BARUCH PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
BARUCH PERFORMING ARTS CENTER, 55 Lexington Avenue, (entrance on 25th
St.)NYC
http://www.johannastahley.com/

David Zimmerman, Executive Director
The Center for the Performing Arts
DeBaun Auditorium and Ondrick Music Room
Castle Point on Hudson, Hoboken, NJ 07030
Ph: 201-216-5111  Fax: 201-216-5514
dzimmerman at debaun.org
www.debaun.org or www.stevens.edu/performingarts