[ConcertBand] Orchestra starting Sept 15

David Zimmerman dzimmerm at stevens.edu
Mon Sep 14 18:59:32 EDT 2009

HI Everyone,

This year, in addition to our concert band, jazz band, and multiple
ensembles, we are trying to start an orchestra. We will have our first
meeting tomorrow night, Tuesday, September 15th, starting at 6pm in the
Music Room.

If you are interested in the orchestra and available on Tuesday evenings, we
welcome you to come out tomorrow night. Please note that the orchestra and
concert band rehearsals will not conflict, so you can be in both if your
time allows. Also, the orchestra will not perform this semester, but will
perform next semester at the end of February, so there won't be a crunch
time learning music in November/December for two groups. We do not want this
addition of an orchestra to over-extend the schedules or the student
musicians or make them choose one group of the other. We hope this will be
an extension of musical experiences that we offer, and those interested can
participate.

If you do come out tomorrow, we will be auditioning for placement for the
first hour. E-mail me and I'll give you a time slot. We are not auditioning
for the group - anyone interested will be allowed to play in the orchestra.
We just want to get a feel for skill levels to place people in sections as
well as for picking music. If you can bring a piece of music to audition
with, please do so, otherwise we will give you something to sight-read.

Any questions, let me know. And as I said, if you plan on coming out
tomorrow, e-mail me for when to arrive.

THANKS!

-Dave

David Zimmerman, Executive Director

DeBaun Center for Performing Arts

Stevens Institute of Technology

Castle Point on Hudson, Hoboken, NJ  07030

Ph: 201-216-5111   Fx: 201-216-5514

david.zimmerman at stevens.edu

www.stevens.edu/performingarts

www.debaun.org