[ConcertBand] NJSO College Night - Feb 27, 2016

David Zimmerman dzimmerm at stevens.edu
Mon Feb 1 16:36:21 EST 2016

Last semester, the NJ Symphony Orchestra held College Night at the State Theater and we had a number of our students attend and enjoy the concert. They are doing another one this semester, on Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 8pm, and this time it is at NJ PAC in Newark.

Details on the concert:
Be transported: when it comes to summoning the spacious vistas of the American landscape, few pieces can rival Copland's Appalachian Spring and Dvořák's "New World" Symphony. A different landscape beckons in Silent Woods, inspired by the serene forests of Dvořák's native Bohemia and performed by NJSO Associate Principal Cello Stephen Fang.
www.njsymphony.org/college-night<http://www.njsymphony.org/college-night>

Tickets are only $10, which includes bus transportation (leaving campus at 6:30pm) and a post-show reception with other schools. If you are interested, please email me at david.zimmerman at stevens.edu<mailto:david.zimmerman at stevens.edu> no later than FEBRUARY 8th to reserve a ticket (you can pay the day of the concert) Please note you MUST be a college student from Stevens to attend, and you must bring your ID with you.

Any questions, let me know....thanks!