[ConcertBand] Upcoming Concert on Dec 17th

David Zimmerman dzimmerm at stevens.edu
Tue Nov 22 10:05:01 EST 2016

Hi All,

You have most likely heard of this new series that is starting at Stevens, but being in one of our musical ensembles, I wanted to bring it directly to your attention. OnStage at Stevens is a new performing arts and cultural series that will bring premier music, theater, dance, literary arts and other entertainment to Stevens, Hoboken and the surrounding communities. For our inaugural season, OnStage at Stevens has entered an exciting collaboration with the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra and is proud to welcome members from NJSO in a series developed exclusively for this initiative.

Three concerts will be in the series this year, with our premiere concert event featuring a holiday program:

Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 8:00 pm at DeBaun Auditorium

Program:

VIVALDI Concerto No. 4 in F Minor, Op. 8, RV 297, "Winter" ("L'inverno")
PIAZZOLLA Oblivion for Flute and String Orchestra
VIVALDI Concerto for Flute, Oboe and Bassoon
COPLAND Quiet City for Trumpet, English Horn and Strings
RESPIGHI "Adoration of the Magi" from Trittico Botticelliano
TRADITIONAL Holiday Medley

Tickets:
$20/general admission
  *   $10/students/seniors
  *   $50/supporter tickets (early seating and VIP Post-concert Reception in Babbio Atrium with President Farvardin and members of the NJSO)
  *

We do expect to sell out, so I strongly suggest you purchase your tickets ASAP if you are interested online:

http://www.stevens.edu/OnStage

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

-Dave

David Zimmerman
Executive Director, Office of University Events
David.Zimmerman at stevens.edu
Ph: 201-216-5111
www.stevens.edu