[ConcertBand] Stevens jazz band & concert band

Gerald Ficeto gficeto at stevens.edu
Tue Sep 1 20:51:02 EDT 2020

Greetings All ,
I hope you and your families are well during these crazy and challenging times !
First I’m not sure if all of you are interested in performing with the Stevens Jazz Band or the Stevens Concert Band.
(I don’t know what instruments you play.) I will be sending another email this week for our concert band and small ensembles (brass, saxophone, flute etc.)
The jazz band will begin the semester by meeting our regularly scheduled time Wednesday September 9 at 6:30. If needed we will expand accordingly
for the convenience of the sections.
In our first meeting Wednesday September 9 at 6:30 we will discuss the semester’s plan, the type of music we will perform and upcoming masterclasses.
We hope to begin with virtual sectional rehearsals expanding to hopefully virtual rehearsals down the road.
This being highlighted with masterclasses with professional musicians for each section covering history, styles, techniques, articulations, phrasing, improvisation and common practices.
Hopefully, this semester will culminate with a streamed recorded or live performance.

Please join us Wednesday September 9 at 6:30 so I can get contact information, the instruments you play, some light background and some of your interests.
Veteran band members please be there to assist with questions our new members may have.

Concert Band will be meeting Sunday September 13 at 6:00. As I mentioned,  I will be sending another email for the concert band and our small ensembles.

If you are interested in performing in jazz band, concert band, or any of our small ensembles (flute ens. brass ens. saxophopne ens. clarinet ens.) please email me with your name and include all the instruments that you play and the groups that you might be interested in performing with.
If you have any questions or if I can be any assistance to you please feel free to email me or call me at 201-889-8013.

Looking forward to meeting and working with you all.
Best regards,
G. Ficeto