[cs615asa] presentations and papers

Jan Schaumann jschauma at cs.stevens.edu
Fri Apr 3 22:17:43 EDT 2009

Hello,

Please find the schedule for upcoming presentations as well as paper
topics at http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/615A/papers-presentations

If your name is not on there or it's on there under the "unknown"
section then I either did not hear from you at all, or you did not
respond to me after I sent a followup questions regarding your suggested
topic.  Either way, please contact me asap.

(One of the reasons you aren't listed might be that you emailed me from
a non-stevens account, which makes it difficult for me to correlate
email exchanges with student date.  Please don't do that.)

For those of you scheduled for presentations, please let me know if you
can NOT make the date given.  (Ie, if the date listed works for you, no
message to me is necessary.)

Please make sure to get me a copy of your preliminary presentation (does
not need to be finalized) the Monday before the class you're scheduled
for.

If you're writing a paper:  The paper should be 8-12 pages long and
needs to be submitted via email in either plain text, postscript, or PDF
format.  The due date for the paper is 2009-05-07 10:59:59.  (Don't try
to pad the paper with larger fonts or bigger spacing.  Come on.)

Your paper needs to be original, written by you (and only you) -- I will
once again refer to the course website's section on plagiarism.  In
other words, don't copy parts (or all) from websites on the internet or
journal articles.  (Remember: if you can find it on the internet, I can,
too.)  Your paper should provide new insights into the topic --
rehashing existing documentation or HOWTOs or re-writing a wikipedia
article is not useful.

Just like presentations, papers will be made available to the rest of
the class at the end of the semester.