[cs615asa] bwinfo : Bad arguments

Shashwath Veerappa Devaru sveerapp at stevens.edu
Sat Apr 18 22:49:14 EDT 2009

Hi all,

When we give a bad arguments like illegal option (say - p) or unknown host
or a wrong community the error messages are printed out on stdout such as

ex 1
$ ./opt -p
./opt illegal option -- p

ex 2
$ ./opt -t 5 -c cs615 -i eth0 medusa.srci
getaddrinfo: medusa.srci Name or service not known
snmpwalk: Unknown host (medusa.srci)

ex 3
$ ./opt -t 5 -c cs615 -i iprb0 drude.cs.stevens.edu
Timeout: No Response from drude.cs.stevens.edu

I am avoiding these errors from being printed out to stdout and printing my
own error message into stderr. Is this what we are needed to do? Can anyone
clarify my doubt

Thank you,
Shashwath