[cs615asa] thread number limitation on lab.cs.stevens.edu

Yuyang Zhang yzhang14 at stevens.edu
Sun Apr 19 00:08:41 EDT 2009

Hi guys,
I wrote a program in python. It will put the inrate/outrate query work
for a single interface into a thread. Till now it works on linux-lab
and drude.
Problem happens on lab.cs.stevens.edu Seems I cannot initialize more
than 37 threads or I will have an error like
"thread.error: can't start new thread"

I also wrote another testing python script as attached. The thread
number limitation appeared again.

The python version on the three server is
lab: 2.4.3
linux-lab: 2.5.1
drude: 2.3.3

Python version on lab is in the middle of the other two, so I am
guessing the limitation might not be brought by python update. It might
be placed by OS.

If anybody knows anything about it, plz let me know. Thanks in advance
:)

Yuyang

----testing script------
#!/usr/bin/env python