[cs615asa] Couple of questions

Jan Schaumann jschauma at cs.stevens.edu
Sun Apr 19 13:51:37 EDT 2009

Lucas Scavone <lscavone at stevens.edu> wrote:

> if I include a simple shell script to call my script with python so that the
> usage will be ./bwinfo still, will that cause me to lose 5 points for having
> an extra file or would that be an acceptable extra file?

That's fine -- the restriction on the number of files to submit was to
avoid you sending me temporary output files or any input files your
program might assume to be present.

Of course you could just use "#!/usr/bin/env python" as noted elsewhere
in the list archives.

> Also, is there a specific version of snmp that we should use to query these?
> Should it be dynamic and try more than one if 1 fails or should we just have
> it use 1, 2, 2c or 3 by default?

I have no preference for this.  One could conceivable implement a
command-line option that specifies the version to use.

> Last question, it was mentioned that Mb/s should be used in a previous
> email, but I just wanted to confirm that meant megabits/sec and not
> megabytes/sec.

Yes, "Mb" is "megabits".