[cs615asa] HW1 UID/GUID

Lucas Scavone lscavone at stevens.edu
Fri Feb 27 16:59:06 EST 2009

So, I wasn't sure what to do exactly for where it says:

After the operating system is installed, you should create two accounts on
the host, one for yourself and one for me.  Both accounts to be created
should mirror the accounts we have on linux-lab.cs.stevens.edu.  That is,
both your and my account on your disk image should have the same UID, GID,
gecos field, and shell as our accounts do on linux-lab.cs.stevens.edu.

When I tried running the user command in the linux-lab bash, it didn't find
the command. Also when I tried looking through the /etc/passwd, none of the
accounts are in there probably since it's a shared userbase and not stored
locally... how else can these fields be found from the linux-lab machines?
Any direction would be appreciated

Thanks