[cs615asa] tonight's class is cancelled

Jan Schaumann jschauma at cs.stevens.edu
Thu Jan 15 16:56:33 EST 2009

Hello everybody,

Getting off to a wonderful semester, I'm afraid I'll have to immediately
cancel our first class tonight.  My 19 month old daughter caught a
stomach virus, and I myself don't feel all that chipper either.

I apologize for the late notice.

In the mean time, please visit the course website at
http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/615A/ and familiarize yourself with
the course outline and syllabus.

As your first assignment, please:

- send an email to this list introducing yourself; include a sentence or
  two of what (if any) experience you have administrating computer
  systems and what operating systems and programming languages you are
  familiar with

- ensure that you have an account on the lab.cs.stevens.edu and
  linux-lab.cs.stevens.edu systems; if you do not have an account on
  these systems, please request one through the helpdesk

- generate an ssh key pair and send me the public key; this key will be
  used to get you access to another system that we will use in the
  course of the class

Please do this before our next (well, first) class.

Again, I apologize for the short notice and hope you all are just happy
to get to go home early this week.