[cs615asa] Question about HW2

Chih-Yuan Lee clee9 at stevens.edu
Thu Mar 19 11:50:02 EDT 2009

Dear Professor,

For the question3, I found some security vulnerabilities looks like the
same.
For example, the first two lines are all proftpd.

First one:
proftpd<1.3.2 multiple sql injection vulnerabilities
http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/ca0841ff-1254-11de-a964-0030843d3802.html
proftpd-mysql<1.3.2   multiple sql injection vulnerabilities
http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/ca0841ff-1254-11de-a964-0030843d3802.html
proftpd-devel<=1.3.20080922   multiple sql injection vulnerabilities
http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/ca0841ff-1254-11de-a964-0030843d3802.html

Second one:
proftpd<1.3.2 multiple sql injection vulnerabilities
http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/ca0841ff-1254-11de-a964-0030843d3802.html
:proftpd-mysql<1.3.2   multiple sql injection vulnerabilities
http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/ca0841ff-1254-11de-a964-0030843d3802.html
:proftpd-devel<=1.3.20080922   multiple sql injection vulnerabilities
http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/ca0841ff-1254-11de-a964-0030843d3802.html

Does that mean my program must handle both even if they look like the
same??

Best,
Chih-Yuan Lee