[cs615asa] client host can't find DNS server

Pu (Piper) Zhao pzhao at stevens.edu
Fri Apr 2 19:22:35 EDT 2010

Hi Guys,

Maybe someone can give me some clue. Really appreciate!

I got stuck when client host try to connect the DNS server. The client
host's nameserver has already been assigned to the DNS server which I made,
but it just can not reach the DNS server, however, two instances could ping
each other. I also opened DNS Port 53 in EC2 Security Groups and named.conf
of bind9, but it didn't work. BTW, I use Debian + bind9 as DNS server and
another Debian as client.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best,
Pu