[cs615asa] Assignment #4 Questions

Sayre Blades sblades at stevens.edu
Tue Apr 20 21:00:20 EDT 2010

Good questions,

The first time around I took the approach:
1. If there was an existing group with the same ID, I simply used that one.
 I did not validate group names.
2. I relied on useradd to tell me if there was a conflict with UID or
usernames and simply failed with no recourse if there was such a conflict.

Outside of Jan clarifying exactly what he wants in those cases, Im not sure
if there is a "right" approach (it really depends on how the script is
intended to be used).

Thats just my two cents though.