[cs615asa] HW 4 Question

Sayre Blades sblades at stevens.edu
Sun Apr 25 20:37:53 EDT 2010

"If a local user has a file named aws.pub in their ~/.ssh directory, *
ec2-sync-users* will append it on the remote instance to that user's
~/.ssh/authorized_keys file."

I had assumed the first time around that "local user" meant the user who was
running the script.

Now that I re-read that sentence it sounds to me like it should mean the
users that are actually being synced.  As in the script is trying to assist
the users in logging into their respective accounts.  The only thought I had
on that is generally the .ssh directories are read and execute protected
from others.  So unless the root account is running this script, the script
wont find many aws.pub files.  I guess this script is probably written for
root administrative automation though.

Regards, -Sayre