[cs615asa] URGENT

Teddy Reed treed at stevens.edu
Thu Feb 4 12:18:05 EST 2010

Hello Parvinder,

Some advice: When asking for technical support, make sure to include all the
steps you took and relevant information you found. This will help solve your
problem quicker, cut down on the frustration from those helping, and
hopefully give you a few "ah ha" points which may help you solve the problem
yourself.

So in this case: You're trying to connect your EC2 host. Well, what's that
host called? Does it have an IP or DNS 'we' can use to try to connect? At
this point we know nothing about your configuration. What about the AMI?
Including the AMI will allow another user to launch a similar instance and
test if the problem is uniform. Where are you connecting from? Were you ever
able to connect to an EC2 host from the location you're at now? Can you
create/launch another instance, and perhaps test a connection to that? What
firewall rules did you add to the EC2 host, if any? Can you do a port scan
or ping of the host to see if the EC2 instance is running and accessible?
(Note that if you're doing a port scan, you're looking for port 22 which is
SSH, if the host is not listening on 22 then you wont be able to connect via
the default configuration in PuTTY.)

 Hope this helps,
-Ted

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Parvinder Singh <psingh2 at stevens.edu>wrote:

> I need a quick help. When i am trying to connect to my launched running
> instance through Putty, it shows me an error message stating " Network
> error: connection timed out"
> Few days back I have connected successfully to my instance by following
> the same documentation procedure but now as i am working on my
> assignment its not letting me to connect to my instance. If something
> wrong with my Network connection or its EC2 problem or putty's problem ?
> Any advice how to fix it?
>
> Regards
> Parvinder Singh

Theodore M. Reed V