[cs615asa] Regarding HW4

mmeladat at stevens.edu mmeladat at stevens.edu
Thu Mar 11 07:48:36 EST 2010

 Hi,

 I tried to use ldapsearch from  linux-lab.cs.stevens.edu command line by
setting the parameters.
 Every time I get this message :-

 SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
 Please enter your password:

 Is there a different password for MD5 authentication. Is anyone else
getting the same error.

 Mary

 On Wed 3:52 PM , Jan Schaumann jschauma at cs.stevens.edu sent:
 mmeladat at stevens.edu [1] wrote:

 > I am confused, that on the linux-lab.cs.stevens.edu, we all have user
 > names but when I login using my username on linux-lab and check the
 > contents of /etc/passwd I am unable to see my user name. Am I doing
 > something incorrect.

 /etc/passwd is just one source of truth for user accounts. Systems can
 be configured to use others, frequently from the network. In this case,
 linux-lab.cs.stevens.edu happens to use LDAP, so user account
 information is retrieved from there.

 > Also I couldn't find aws.pub file in .ssh there is a file named
 > known_hosts.

 The aws.pub file would only exist if it had been created by you. That
 is the public ssh key that you'd use for the account on the EC2
 instance.

Links:
------
[1] mailto:mmeladat at stevens.edu