[cs615asa] ssh problem

John Wierzchowski jwierzch at stevens.edu
Fri Feb 4 10:01:21 EST 2011

Hello,

Did you create a X.509 certificate and set the global variables to point to
it? I had to create the .ec2 folder in the home directory, download my key
and certification into it, and set the variables...

$ *export EC2_PRIVATE_KEY=~/.ec2/pk-HKZYKTAIG2ECMXYIBH3HXV4ZBZQ55CLO.pem
*$ *export EC2_CERT=~/.ec2/cert-HKZYKTAIG2ECMXYIBH3HXV4ZBZQ55CLO.pem *

I followed the ec2 tutorial and and pretty much had no problems at all. (
http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AmazonEC2/gsg/2007-01-03/)

Only one thing that makes life easier, I set the global variables in the
.bashrc and the .bash_login files so they are set when the shell starts.

Regards,
John W.

p.s.
is that a public ami? try getting it working with the getting started ami in
the tutorial, it is a linux box so that will take care of one part of the
homework, the solaris one took some searching for (i looked in the gui
console for it and then just copied the ami# to the console)