[cs615asa] HW2

John Wierzchowski jwierzch at stevens.edu
Sat Feb 26 03:18:53 EST 2011

Hey,

Im having a really hard time with pkgsrc, i ran into it like a brick wall.
briefly what i did was download the tarball, unzip, the couple small configs
from /doc/pkgsrc.txt and ran ./boostrap

make in any of the directories of pkgsrc gives me Makefile: 40 *** missing
separator. Stop.

I have been trying to figure this pkgsrc thing for a few hours, and well
lesson learned, installing software can be really really really painful.
Could someone point me in the right direction? did i not bootstrap right?
Professor, in the homework assignment you state to install and bootstrap
pkgsrc, did I skip a step somewhere? I tried following the documentation
that came with pkgsrc as best I could, but something is off for sure. oh yea
no errors when i bootstrapped, it just said that it hopes it will work now
:/

Regards,
John W