[cs615asa] CS615 How to build binary package

Javed Akhtar jakhtar at stevens.edu
Sun Feb 27 14:13:44 EST 2011

Hi Everyone,

After completing the bootstrap part for Ubuntu instance successfully and
finally installing all the mentioned application packages on pkgsrc, I am
stuck with the 2nd part of building binary packages from source files and
then using the same binary packages to install software on second instance.
While searching for second part in some forums and websites I could only
manage to find this link below which explains all:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Debian-Binary-Package-Building-HOWTO/

Are the steps shown in this link is what we have to do ?

Any suggestions & guidance on how to start with building binary packages are
most welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Javed Akhtar
732-552-6243 - M